Saturday, September 25, 2010

Some current projects

Hello everyone!

I’ve had a busy few days of work, hooking, and returning to school. Wow, I’m kind of tired now.

There was a huge drama between myself and my university’s admin office. They didn’t actually register me until just this week and September is pretty much over! Thursday was officially my first day back. I was really stressed about going back this year. I feel like I’ve been away from school for way too long (even though it hasn’t been that long at all) and I’m starting off late. Not a great way to start the year if you ask me. I wandered in to classes with profs I’ve never met before and I was totally lost. Our school relies on an online system to deliver important course information to students. This is how you get your class schedule, assignments, readings, and anything else you need. I, of course, didn’t have access to this until just last night – after my classes! So I had no idea where we were supposed to be in our course material and readings…..there was a test in my morning class. It was like one of those horrible school nightmares where you show up naked and you’re late for an exam and you didn’t study except that it was real – making it way worse. Oh yes, and I wasn’t naked. At least I remembered to wear clothes to school!

So that’s that. I’ve been at work all week too, I am SO looking forward to having the weekend off. I’m not feeling so hot today and all I want to do is curl up in a blankie with Bruce (my handsome orange tabby) and hook away on some projects I have on the go right now.

Speaking of projects on the go, I’ve been participating in a monthly goal/tracking thread over on Ravelry. I had listed 3 goals for September:

  1. Complete the white and navy Big Granny throw
  2. Begin the Very Berry Shawl
  3. Choose a pattern or design one myself for brother’s xmas blanket

So far, I’m not doing too poorly but I could be further along with the Big Granny. The end is in sight, I’m sure of it. Although, I don’t think it will get completed by the end of the month. Progress is great with the shawl though! I’m making it with Vanna’s Choice, it’s my first time ever using VC and I was so excited about working with new yarn that I got carried away with the shawl and forgot about working on the granny throw. I’m making little progress with brother’s blanket. I know I want to make it with red, black, white and gray because he likes all the colours I like but, I haven’t decided on a pattern yet. I’m really up in the air about whether I want to make a bunch of motifs and stitch them together or whether I want it to be made all in one piece. Any suggestions??

Here's a couple pics to show you what I'm working on:

Very Berry Shawl in Vanna's Choice. Colours are (from bottom to top): Eggplant, Burgundy, Magenta, Purple and Dusty Purple.
 
Big Granny Throw in Red Heart Super Saver. Colours are White and Soft Navy.     


Sorry for the kind of crappy pictures, I snapped these with my cellphone in the middle of the night, haha. I've made progress on both of these since taking the pictures so I'll have to get some updated shots when I have some time, and good light. 


I actually wanted to post this yesterday but I didn't get around to it. Me and Mr. R were watching Boondock Saints and eating pizza, that's what distracted me from blog land. I'm not going to lie, it was pretty awesome.

And just because I want to, here's another cool photo:

 
Awesome macro photo from here. Prints available!

Thanks for reading!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

1 comment:

Hazel said...

Lovely grannies! x