Monday, October 4, 2010

200 Crochet Blocks

Hello,
It's been a whole week since I posted anything! In my defense, I did work all weekend.

So what have I been up to all week? Let's see.....
Monday - work
Tuesday - school work and out with mum
Wednesday - work
Thursday - school
Friday - work
Saturday - work
Sunday - work
That doesn't sound very exciting now does it? No, I didn't think so.
But......
There was some excitement!
I finally got my hands on a copy of Jan Eaton's 200 Crochet Blocks book!
I was so very excited to get this by mail last week on Monday. I have been trying to get it for the longest time. I tried all my local (and non-local) book and craft stores. After repeatedly being told there was no way I could get it because it was out of print, I starting hunting on the internet which was just as fruitless. A nice lady at Chapters told me to keep looking though because they would start selling the book again as soon as there was a reprint. I was browsing the Chapters site for something totally unrelated and there it was! A shiny new copy of Jan Eaton's book, the one I had been hunting for, for what seemed like an eternity and for around only $15. Of course I had to buy it and it was sitting outside my door just 3 days later. I'm so pleased.

See.....

Here's me being a dork

Anyways.......haha


I have to say, this book is just so lovely. There are quite a few blocks in here that I really like. I've worked up a few of them already, just a few though because time is limited. I have another post in the workings to show off a few of the completed blocks and add my own notes for anyone that is interested.

I know that was a short post but for now I've got to run. I will leave you with this though...

Embroidery
I also enjoy a little embroidery time now and again. This project was completed some time ago but I do love it. I have some WIP photos of it (you can see more HERE) but no photos of the finished piece! I gave it away before taking the pictures. I can be so forgetful sometimes.

I hope everyone out there had a nice weekend,
Ta-ta for now!
xoxo

2 comments:

Hazel said...

Love love love the embroidery! I have the book and I have tried a couple out but mine always seem a bit big and wavy. I think I need to try with a smaller hook. x

Erica said...

Hope you enjoy this book! So much to tuck into, inside. I have it myself, and I'm not thrilled with the suggested color schemes in the blankets near the front, but I DO love the motifs, themselves. Have a great time with it!