Thursday, October 14, 2010

I love October!

Hi hi hi

It's been a pretty busy week, as usual. I'm managing to hold it all together and still enjoy my favourite month. Yes, October is my favourite month. Very favourite. The weather here is so very perfect. You can go out in long sleeves or a sweather but it's not cold enough to need a jacket. All the leaves are changing and there's a beautifully painted landscape outside the window. It's been raining a lot lately too, which I enjoy. The rain really enhances all the gorgeous colours of fall and makes everything 'pop'.

Here's a couple of quick phone cam pictures of where I sit and have my coffee/snack on Thursdays when I'm at school:

I love it!
It's just so.......peaceful.
I've got some more fall photos to share with you:

Fall Leaves
'Fall Leaves' is available as prints, postcards, etc. HERE

Red Dusk
'Red Dusk' is available as prints, postcards, etc. HERE

One
'One' is new....no prints yet.

One of my other favourite things about October is, of course, Halloween. You can say I'm too old for it all you want but I won't listen! haha.
This year's plan is to attend a zombie walk and the after party. It should be great fun! I'll be sure to take pictures. I'm so looking forward to dressing up and doing makeup and the whole bit. I play around with special fx makeup on occasion, for photoshoots and things like that and I have to say, it's a good time.
Last year's Halloween was zombie themed for my friends and I also. We drove down to Toronto and went to a club. I called my costume "flight of the living dead" - I was a zombie flight attendant. It seemed like a good idea at the time BUT my feet were killing me. I wore the most ridiculous heels, like 4 inch heels, it was outrageous! My poor feet hurt me so bad last Halloween but not this year, no fancy shoes for me this time around.
I managed to scoop a photo from my friend that she took last year while we were getting ready. My hair is all smooshed up like that because a wig was going on my head but here I am, painting on some of my wounds:

getting ready
By the end of this process I was covered in liquid latex, wax, fake blood and, other various makeup. I looked pretty gross. I'm a little sad that I don't have a good photo of the full gross and bloody splendor of this costume but hey, there's always this year!

Also, on a totally unrelated note, I cut my hair!
I've pretty much always had waist length hair and I've been sneaking an inch or two off here and there when I get it cut. I visited the hairdresser the other day and 6-7 inches came off! Have a look:

Here's an old before picture (my hair was pretty much the same right before it was cut except that my bangs/fringe had grown out a bit)

before
And here it is now

after
 I have so much less hair now, it's just crazy. So yeah, that's what I look like (in case anyone was curious, lol).

So that was a bit of a long post! Wow.
I'll be back in a day or so with some crochet news, I have something to show you!

Have a beautiful Thursday!
xoxoxo

3 comments:

Denise said...

I love looking at pictures of Fall now. The damp chill causes me pain. I love your photos.

I had hair down past my waist until my psycho neighbor offered to trim it for me. I didn't realize she was a psycho until chopped a foot off an inch at at time.

manda's challenges :) said...

Oh wow looks like you had loads of fun and those photo's are gorgeous macro shots xx loving the new hair do i really aught to get mine looked at hehe xxx

Terrie said...

I love this time of year too. My favourite season. Amazing photo's and the hair looks great!