Thursday, October 27, 2011

New Crochet!

Hi everyone!

Thanks for visiting me here.....even though I haven't been around for while. I just get so busy working, crocheting, crafting, photographing, reading, cooking.....you know, that I don't always have tons of time for blogging. I'm awake a bit earlier than usual today on this frosty morning so I thought I'd take the time to catch up on a few of my internet things, yay!

Crochet stuff:

A few posts ago I mentioned that I wanted to take part in the one-a-day group over on Ravelry. Man, do I ever suck at this! haha. It's not that I don't/can't crochet every day because I totally do but I keep having issues that seem to prevent me from crocheting a portion of the same project every single day. I had yarn issues, I frogged something, I started over, I ran out of yarn, the store I shop at doesn't have what I need, yadda yadda yadda. Anyways, my one-a-day attempts have all been thwarted somehow. I've started and finished several projects since "joining" the one-a-day crowd but they were all smaller things and only took a few days to make so it's not the same. I will continue to crochet every day and hopefully soon I will have a project that I like (and enough yarn to finish it) so that I can officially participate in this one-a-day business.

Here's a quick round up of some of my recent finished projects:

Cozy Neckerchief - granny triangle neck warmer with picot edging. 1 ball of Patons Kroy Socks in 'winter eclipse'.

Colour Change Skinny Scarf - simple dc (UK treble) striped scarf with fringe. 1 ball of James C. Brett Monsoon. I lost the ball band for this but I think the colour number was S3.

Sock Scarf for Bill - Technically this one isn't complete yet but I only have a tiny bit more to go so I thought I'd add it here anyways. 1 ball of Bernat Sox Multi in 'desert storm'.

Lace Baktus - 6 foot long crochet version of the popular baktus scarf. I love this so much, I have made 2 of them already! About 1/2 ball of Patons Lace in 'bonfire'.

I've had a lot of inquiries on the Lace Baktus. People ask me about it whenever I wear it out and everyone wants to touch it! For those of you on Ravelry, my project page is here. I made the pattern for myself after searching for a pattern to use with the Patons Lace and not finding anything I liked. I'm going to post the pattern/tutorial here in the next few days for anybody that is interested.

Til next time,
xoxoxoxox

No comments: